Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Mia Bella Zingarelli February 10, 2007 - September 1, 2014


Mia Bella made her transition last night at around 9pm. She was in her favorite place in the world, her mother's arms.
She went peacefully, and without pain. We watched as she took her last breaths and then she was gone.
I don't have many words right now, other than to say besides being completely heartbroken and beyond words missing our little angel, we are happy that she is at last complete again and at peace.

After my last blog post yesterday, Mia began to decline. She required more and more breathing support just to survive and her lungs were failing without it. We could not let her continue to struggle, as she has for so so long. Mia was tired, and she was ready. Fitting that she chose Labor Day to go.

The picture above is from a couple of years ago at the incredible Boston College Campus School where she loved to go and learn and discover. That is how she went, in Francesca's arms with me by her side, and our parents surrounding the three of us.

Thank you to all for the outpouring of love and support that you have given us not only in the last few days, but all of Mia's precious life. She made the world a better place and all that knew her have been forever changed.

We are having a memorial service near our home in Massachusetts on Friday, and probably another for our friends in New York who cannot make it. We're still sorting it all out. Details to follow.

Thank you again.

Love,
Noah

8 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger The Gaynors said...

My heart is so heavy. She is so precious and as I wrote earlier, she truly was a blessing to everyone. What wonderful parents you were and I am so glad God chose you to care for her. She is definitely your angel now. We are so very sorry for your loss. We love you and continue to be inspired by you. I wish we could go there. Know we are there is spirit and are surrounding you both with love.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

131So sorry about the passing of your beautiful and much loved daughter Mia. She was blessed to be in a family that loved her unconditionally. I will keep you all in my thoughts. Surround yourselves with the love and strength of your incredible family. Hugs from Jacksonville, Florida

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at work in tears. I am sorry for your loss.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss. I am at work reading this in tears. God Bless

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Reality Girl said...

In tears as well reading this. It has been my honor to follow Mia's journey on Facebook. You and Fran are so peaceful and graceful. My heart is so heavy; as a parent I have no words. I will think of you and know that Mia is at peace. Kerry Sweeney Z

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Dear Francesca and Noah,

I am sincerely heartbroken and sorry for your loss. I adored Mia... her fabulous personality and impeccable image! She brought so much joy to my life, and I thank you for sharing her with me and all the staff at the Campus School. I could always count on Mia for engaging me and others with that sweet voice. I still and forever will think of her whenever I hear Jack Johnson!

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your entire family.

Lots of love,
Colleen (SLP from Campus School)

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Julie said...

Noah,

You may not remember me, but I was a volunteer at Perkins when Mia was in the infant and toddler program there several years ago. (I think I ended up making a cameo appearance in a family video on Mia's last day there, haha.) You told me your blog address and I've been checking in every few months since then to see how Mia has been doing. One of my Facebook friends posted today about an event to raise money for children with mitochondrial disease, so I thought of Mia and came to check your blog. Of course, I was devastated. I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. Mia was such a sweet girl, and I learned a lot from her even in the short time I knew her about what it means to slow down, wait, and allow others to interact with you and show their personalities to you on their own terms. I now have two autistic children and am learning that lesson all over again. I will always remember Mia and your wonderful family with fondness. <3 Julie

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thinking of you and your family as you move forward through your loss of your angel. I am with you along our meditative journey with deepak. Take care, tricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home